Thursday, February 14, 2013


14th February 2013


Hi again, it’s me, Peggy


So you can see that it’s not just me who is ranting on, about the shear negligence come up against in our health care system, I wish to refer you here to the Rotherham Advertiser Friday 9th September 2011 on page 4 where Reporter Phil Turner wrote an article on “Complaints soar against surgeon”. Mr Bhamrah had done dozens of botched hip replacements at the Rotherham District General Hospital (Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust).Not only Bhamrah, but according to my sister’s operation and others, by at lease one other surgeon who followed him.


Whilst I cannot believe what they’ve done to others, I am convinced (due to evidence) that what has happened in my case has been enhanced due to the then pending litigation. I am exposing my case now because from what Consultant Mr Paul Cooke told me, at the consultation in Oxford on 15th May 2009, that due to the time lapse (since my having the botched Guanethidine Pain-Block Procedure in 1993) there is nothing further that can be done, and I now have to lean to live with the problem of pain and getting around on crutches for the remainder of my life.


Phil Turner reported:


HOSPITAL chiefs came under fire this week over the treatment of two patients who were NOT treated by controversial consultant Mr Manjit Bhamra.


Pensioner Sylvia Hanson claimed that she was left disabled after a botched hip operation but the operation was not one carried out by Mr Bhamra. The 75-year-old said-that her hip operation had gone wrong two years ago. "I can't walk about but all they say is that it was a stretched nerve, but because I had a back problem beforehand they tried to blamed it on that," said Mrs Hanson, -of Swinbourne Place, Herringthorpe. "I think they should be more careful. The surgeon made a right mess of my life. "I have to wear a splint on my leg and no feeling in my foot. My leg is very tender, even from the bed clothes.


phil.turner@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk


"I've spoken to a number of people who've had problems, so it's not just one surgeon." The Advertiser was also contacted by Mrs Monica Barnes, of South Anston, about her sister's treatment.

Mrs Barnes said: "My sister Kathleen suffered a fall at home in October 2008 and was admitted to Rotherham General Hospital (RGH) where she underwent an operation for a hip joint replacement. "She was allowed to fall out of bed on no less than three occasions within a period of about 30 days.


When I complained to RGH about the way in which Kathleen was being treated I was barred from the hospital by the then ward matron. "The only way in which I could see Kathleen in hospital was to have my solicitor draw up a document for another member of my family to obtain Kathleen's signature on the solicitor's letter confirming that she wanted to see me”. Kathleen never did walk again and sadly she died in a Rotherham nursing home just a year ago at the age of 75. "Unfortunately, I was informed that I was not Kathleen's next of kin and, therefore, I had no authorised input into her care.


"However, had I known then what I know now about botched hip operations being performed at RGH I would have totally disregarded the aggravation I received at that time."I would have vigorously pursued and insisted in having further investigations into the healthcare my sister Kathleen was receiving at that time at RGH."


Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust said that it would not comment on individual cases but urged patients to make formal complaints so that they could be investigated.



Another issue, one I have mentioned before but what I have discovered on perusing my sound recording library is where (in recording ref. DW_A2927) Physiotherapist Andrew Sweeny (Rotherham Physiotherapy Centre) confirmed to my husband at 12:52 hrs on 30/11/2007, that medial aspects when referring to the knee definitely means the side of the knee nearest to the other knee. You will recollect from an earlier blog that Mrs Dr Howard (Radiologist) at the Bassetlaw Hospital said there were loose fragments on the medial aspects of my knee but medial meant inside the knee joint. I allege that the aforementioned by Dr Howard was done to mislead with intent to pervert the course of justice in my case!!


Andrew Sweeny had been treating my Right knee on a private paying basis in 1996/97 due to them at the Bassetlaw Hospital categorically refusing to treat my Right knee problem at that time.


There’s lots more to come …. 

NB: All copyrights reserved   

No comments:

Post a Comment