Sunday, October 6, 2013

6th October 2013 [Blog No. 35]

Hello again, it’s me, Peggy

I reiterate here what I said in my last blog and that was that we appear to be just going around in circles, albeit Mr Barron MP did make a comment to me about the contents of one of the Ombudsman’s letters being a trick.

The complaint I’d lodged with Mr Lea Hedges at the Ombudsman’s Office in October 2011 was about the Kiveton Park Primary Care Centre referring to litigation/court case etc in letters of referral to consultants to prevent me obtaining treatment, and the Information Commissioner having advised them to remove those comments from my medical records in 2002/03 and them not doing it until 2011. This prevented me from obtaining proper corrective medical treatment for my on-going disability with my Right foot problem.

Why should the Health Service Ombudsman want to stoop so low as to want to trick people, especially when Health Service Ombudsman Dame Julie Mellor preached in the Daily Telegraph about them now having transparency in their dealings and it being the way forward?

Mr Hedges had come back to me in July 2012 suggesting that I should give the KPPCC the opportunity to settle my complaint financially and then return to him if I were not satisfied with their response. Mr Barron MP had recommended that I write the KPPCC via Mr Ian Hale of French & Company solicitors to ensure the letter would be worded correctly. The KPPCC eventually simply acknowledged Mr Hale’s letter and did bugger-all regarding offering me any settlement, so I referred the matter back to Mr Hedges just as Mr Hedges had suggested I should do.


In October/November 2011 the complaint against the KPPCC had been given complaint reference number EN-118242 and Mr Hedges at the Ombudsman’s Office had spoken to the KPPCC on the telephone in September 2012 under this very same reference number showing the complaint was LIVE and that he was still investigating my complaint at that time, albeit he did not have any authority from me to allow him contact the KPPCC. This was a clear breach of the Data Protection 1998 Act if ever I saw one. In any event Mr Hedges says in his letter to Mr Barron MP that if he or I have any queries we were to let him know. See copy of Mr Lea Hedges’ letter dated 26 September 2012 under complaint reference number EN-118242 copied below.

See copied below a copy of my letter dated 24th November 2012 as handed to Mr Barron MP at our meeting with him on that date. I will not reiterate what I put in my letter to Mr Barron MP because I believe on you reading the letter you should find it self-explicit.

As I've said earlier, my husband also had cause to complain to the Health Service Ombudsman about the extremely poor treatment that he has received at the hands of the Rotherham DGH NHS Trust. He had completed and submitted the complaint form via the internet to the Health Service Ombudsman.

They reverted to him with two complaint forms both forms rightly engrossed with one reference number that of EN-170792, and this was because the two complains were against the one healthcare provider. He completed the forms and marked them as EN-170792 Parts 1&2 to distinguish there being two separate departments at the hospital involved in the one complaint against the RDGH offering him a poor healthcare service.

The ombudsman came back at him in a letter dated 20th September 2013 thanking him for completing the forms which they had received on 16 September 2013. As you can see for yourselves they went onto say in their letter (see copy of letter below) that they had allocated the complaint with two separate complaint reference numbers.
My husband was furious because the Health Service Ombudsman was now doing to him what the Ombudsman had done to me; they were splitting the complaint into two separate complaint reference numbers, we allege to lessen the strength of the complaint. Thereby allowing the Ombudsman to cover the medics’ backs for them at the RDGH offering a poor service overall. My Husband emailed the Ombudsman’s Customer Service Officer on 25 September 2013 complaining about what they had done. See copies of his email and the Ombudsman’s response email on 3/10/2013 copied below where the Ombudsman confirms that splitting the complaint into two separate complaints had been wrong.
Now; if the Health Service Ombudsman can confirm to my husband in writing that by them splitting his complaint against the RDGH into two separate complaints was wrong, then that proves beyond a shadow of doubt that the Health Service Ombudsman issuing my one complaint against the Kiveton Primary Care Centre with two separate complaint reference numbers was ALSO WRONG!

It would appear from my not receiving any communication from Mr Barron MP since 22 August 2013 that Mr Barron himself has not received any communication from the Health Service Ombudsman regarding my complaint. I will be putting this new evidence [about the Ombudsman’s recent response to my husband regarding his case] to Mr Barron early-on this week, so let us see what he has to say about it? The Health Service Ombudsman’s Office cannot be trusted!

In my next blog I intend getting back onto my treatment/non treatment by our NHS, and I allege that the only treatment I do get nowadays makes me ill.

Recently, I agreed with a doctor [because from what he had said I trusted him] to re-try a particular medication. The doctor removed all my recorded allergies from my medical records to allow him prescribe the medication him knowing it had previous made me very ill.

I had to refrain from taking the prescribed medication after a matter of days because it made me extremely ill. I was so ill that my husband feared he might have to take me to the RDGH finishing school. I still have not fully recovered from the side-effects of that medication. I can no-longer trust our NHS!

I did put this to Mr Barron MP at a subsequent meeting with him in July of this year.

This true story continues …….

NB: All copyrights reserved   









No comments:

Post a Comment