Friday, May 17, 2013


17th May 2013 [blog No. 25]

 Hello again, it’s me, Peggy

I’m currently looking at my files relating to 1999 and my then GP Dr Mrs Gita Halder, who’s Practice was Woodsetts Surgery, 2a Berne Square, Woodsetts, Worksop S81 8RI. Unfortunately for me her husband was an Orthopaedic Surgeon practising at the Bassetlaw Hospital.

Dr Haldar’s surgery amalgamated with Dinnington Group Practice in 1999. Unfortunately, I then found myself back as a patient with the GP Practice that I’d left when I had moved to Mrs Gita Haldar’s Practice.

I’d left Dinnington Group Practice due to Dr Robinson refusing me a referral to Mr John King in London who had been recommended to me by Mrs Pauline Howard at the Whitehouse Physiotherapy Centre in Sheffield. She had advised me that something had been left in my knee during previous surgery. Which had been done by Mr Madjumdar in 1987? I see recorded in my medical records a note by Dr Robinson saying “Mrs Barnes came in wanting a referral to an Orthopaedic Surgeon recommended by her solicitor. (HE LIED).

However, when I saw a Dr Evans at the Woodsetts Branch Surgery I was referred in letter dated 23 November 1999 to a Professor Wallis at Park Hospital, Burntstump Country Park, Arnold, Nottingham. You can see that apart from Dr Evans putting him off with the reporting of my past medical history in seeking treatment, in the final paragraph of the letter Dr Evans also refers to previous Litigation. (See letter copied below)

I cannot find any reference to Orthopaedic Surgeon Professor Wallis refusing the referral but I recollect Dr Evans telling me he had telephoned the GP Practice to say I would be better-off seeing Orthopaedic Surgeon Mr Alan P Broodryk, again at the same Park Hospital.
 I was referred to Broodryk and I saw him in early December 1999 on a private paying basis. He had a curt and arrogant attitude towards me, and it was obvious he’d been made aware of the previous litigation because he also makes reference to Litigation Issues in the first paragraph of his letter of response dated 15th December 1999 to my GP. He had also suggested to me, same as he had put in his letter (as copied below) that if I just let anyone perform an operation on my knee I could possibly lose my leg. When at the consultation he said that I could possibly lose my life as well. Now, I believe he intended two things to happen here; (a) he was warning me off having any operation anyway, and (b) he was warning me that doctors bury their mistakes. In any event he had no intensions of offering me any treatment himself because he referred me onto a Mr I W Forster, yet another Orthopaedic Surgeon at the same Park Hospital. You can see from the letter copied below that Mr Broodryk copied his letter to my GP onto Mr Forster Orthopaedic Surgeon, at the very same Park Hospital. That way, Mr Forster himself became aware of the previous litigation issues as mentioned in Broodryk’s letter to my GP.
When I attended the appointment with Mr Forster he too was arrogant, and without him reviewing any of my x-rays or MRI scans he simply diagnosed my problem as being a cyst and he wanted to give me more of the Pain-management treatment as opposed to removing the bony lesion from the medial aspects of my Right knee. The three visits at Burnstump Country Park Hospital had been fruitless. It was simply a costly exercise.
However, due to my being trailed about the country on a wild-goose-chase and it costing us a fortune I requested Dr Evans to refer me to someone more local. Dr Evans recommended Mr Bickerstaff, Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Sheffield Northern General Hospital as the person I should see.
 Mr Bickerstaff refused to see me. There was no wonder why this was because again, if you look at the GP referral letter dated 30th December 1999 to Mr Bickerstaff (See copied below) my GP again refers to previous litigation issues and the most recent fruitless consultations. Again, it was a way of the medical profession denying me proper corrective treatment.
I moved to a new GP Practice, the Kiveton Park Medical Centre Nr Sheffield but they did exactly the same, and in letters of referral when I was seeking treatment they referred to litigation issues, court case etc.
 In 2002/03 the Information Commissioner advised Kiveton Park Medical Centre (my new GP Practice) to remove all traces of Court case, litigation issues and the like from my medical records and from letters of referral because the entries in question were not relevant and too excessive for medical purpose, Albeit the ICO thought the GP Practice had taken their advice and dealt with the issues, as it turned out this was not done until I moved to a new GP Practice in November 2010.
I have mentioned this in a previous Blog where after my raising a complaint with the Rotherham Primary Care Trust in early 2011, via the Rt Hon Mr Kevin J Barron MP our Local MP (due to my medical records not been available at an attendance with my new GP in January 2011, Mr Andy Buck, the then Chief Executive RPCT wrote to Mr Barron confirming that my medical records had been returned to the Kiveton Group Practice by my new GP in November 2010 requesting my medical records be amended in accordance with the advice received from the ICO.
Unfortunately, the Information Commissioner has no teeth and no way of fining or imposing a penalty on Data Controllers that breach Data Protection issues, they are just an overpaid Quango justifying their own jobs.
It might be of some interest to you here in that I’d asked the ICO for copies of some Data from a Data Controller myself, and apart from sending me the copies I had requested (a handful) I received a banker-box full of three other persons Data as requested of the ICO by these other three people. By them so doing the Information Commissioner was in breach of their own Data Protection Act 1998. How embarrassing was that for the ICO?
However, I’ll get back to Mr Andy Buck:
 Subsequently, Mr Andy Buck, in his letter to our MP dated 10 March 2011, confirmed that the reason for it taking the Kiveton Park Practice so long in returning my medical records back to my new GP was that they found amending Mrs Barnes medical records had been an onerous task. This proves beyond a shadow of doubt that the Kiveton Park Practice had not heeded the ICO’s advice back in 2002/03 and had continued to refer to court case and litigation issues in letters of referral, and the reason for me being denied treatment.
This true story continues ………..

NB: All copyrights reserved   






No comments:

Post a Comment